the sweetest of smile can only be seen within ones' face who bear a beautiful soul[^^,]

Dec 7, 2022

A wallflower no more

It's been six years I left this piece of me. There are times I revisited this blog, re-read the old posts, but never to write anything. But today I feel like writing one. A short one.

I used to be a wallflower.
Just a mediocre girl. Nothing fancy, not a pretty one, never the brightest.
My stature is not helping too :p
Not so many people can notice me, my potential within that sits with me all my life.
Of course I can feel, it's myself.
But maybe I'm too shy, too scared, to afraid to show it.
Thus, I can feel how people look at me.
I can feel when I'm being taken for granted.
I can feel when I'm unwanted.
I can feel when I go unnoticed.
I can see within their eyes.

Only few can see within me.
Gave me opportunities to grow those potential.
Gave me a space to made mistakes and learn from them.
In order to make me a better self.
Things happened, thing changed, experiences gained.
I'm forever thankful to those who helped me grow.
Cuts and bruises, all that are parts of life.
I don't hold grudges, but maybe I never wanted to be affiliated ever again.

Fast forward,
today I felt like I'm not really a wallflower anymore.
Maybe I've bloomed to another kind.
Just enough at least for this time.
I'm a wallflower no more.

P/S: My intern supervisor used to call me "A small flower in a greenhouse". That's cute but with a deep meaning. Let it lives with me :D

2 comments:

Ezzati Aiza said...

You are the flower that still continue to bloom, and bloom <3

Amir Huzaifah said...

Hii marshapetrelli hahahahaha. I think the last time I visited this blog was 12 or 11 years back when we were in teen ages :P. I don't know this morning why name 'marshapetrelli' suddenly pop up in my mind thus I searched for this blog, surprisingly I still remember this blog's address and it still exists! while I've deactivated my blog when I was a degree student.

I wish you good luck in whatever you do, Mar. Keep moving forward!